Step 1: Initial Contact
- We will schedule a 30 minute consultation to understand your goals, budget and desired timeline.
- We will also discuss types of materials and benefits of each material of construction.
- The goal is to be able to provide a ballpark of the cost associated with the project to determine if we will move forward into the bidding phase of the project.
Step 2: Bidding
- In order for us to develop the most accurate cost and timeline estimate we require all decks to have 3D drawings completed – the cost associated with these drawings are discussed during our initial intake discussion.
- Once the 3D drawings are complete and the material decisions have been made we then move into developing the precise written proposal.
- We send along the proposal to you for your review, with clearly defined in-scope and out-of-scope items for aligned expectations.
- An example of something that is typically not included in our proposal is the permit fee as each town has their own fees and are based on the size of the project. They tend to range from $300-$700. Platinum will handle all permitting and fees will be added to final invoice.
Step 3: Bid Acceptance, Contract, & Scheduling
- Once a bid is accepted, a contract will be drawn up and sent over for your review.
- The contract will explain the entire scope of work , (Including work not being done), tentative schedule, payment schedules and signatures.
- If you want to make sure that you are in our schedule to meet your desired deadline a small down payment can be provided during the bidding process to reserve your spot in our schedule.
Step 4: Construction
- The day you have been waiting for has arrived…. We will show up with 2-3 carpenters and begin the demolition or site preparation. We make sure to take the utmost care with your lawn, shrubs and all other surrounding areas.
- A normal building process is 1) demo (if necessary), 2) footings, 3) framing , 4) decking, 5) stairs and 6) railings
- Once we start we there to stay until your job is finished! There are always some things out of our control, the biggest being the weather. We will be sure to communicate the plan for unforeseen circumstances like weather.
- Once the job is complete we will want to have one final brief meeting to close-out the project and discuss how to keep your deck in tip-top shape going forward.